The prohibitions are everywhere! Those with a healthy lifestyle are generally aware of foods that are potentially bad for the skin and can lead to inflammation and premature aging.
For someone who, up to now, has not put too much thought into this, the question is inevitably: “But what should I eat then?” This question is often asked in my practice. My response is then: among other things, more vegetables and especially green vegetables.
What is the advantage of green vegetables and why are they so healthy (for the skin)? Chlorophyll! This is the substance which gives plants their green color and makes them capable of photosynthesis. When we ingest chlorophyll in our food, it has many health benefits.
Chlorophyll offers us this:
- It supports the formation of hemoglobin: provides the (skin) cells with more oxygen
- It binds chemical substances (from food, cosmetics, cleaning agents, clothing, etc.) and thus helps in the detoxification process
- It’s alkaline, so it’s a good compensation for a diet with lots of animal products and cereals
- It is food for the good bacteria of the colon
- With chlorophyll also comes dietary fibers: these are important for intestinal health
- The green plants also supply omega-3 fatty acids: these are anti-inflammatory
- Green vegetables are also always rich in vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants, which are important for healthy and beautiful skin
These vegetables and plants are therefore good to have on your shopping list:
- baby spinach
- swiss chard
- stinging nettle
- wheat grass
So it is worth it to have the color green on your plate! The extra portion of vegetables should not only be for lunch, but also for your evening meal. Green smoothies are also a good way to get more chlorophyll.
About the author:
Dr. Julia Laemmerhirt is a dermatologist and acne expert in Vienna, Austria. She supports people who want to holistically gain control of their skin complications and acne. Ayurveda - the traditional Indian practice of medicine - plays a decisive role for her because of its particular focus on one’s nutrition and lifestyle.
Online Class “Finally Free From Acne“
You can find out more about the next steps in which you free yourself naturally from acne in my Online Class “Finally Free From Acne!” Enter your name and e-mail address here to receive my e-book. Register now for my Online Class:Register now
Please indicate your name and mail address and choose an appointment day. Thereupon I will send you more information.