According to Ayurveda, skin problems are often a sign of accumulated ama in the body. So what is ama? It literally means “toxic residue”. How do you get ama and what can you do to reduce it to help you heal skin problems, like acne?
I explain that in the video:
Here is a brief overview of some foods – there are of course many more liver friends.
Signs of ama:
- dull, tired or puffy eyes
- skin problems like rashes, eczema, pimples or aggravation of chronic skin diseases
- digestive problems, sluggish bowel movements
- pain: headache, joints, muscles
- poor immunity, frequent colds
- negative emotions, feeling down
Ways to reduce ama:
- eat freshly prepared meals, instead of leftovers, canned food
- focus on light and easy to digest meals like soups, rice, lentils
- steamed or slightly sauteed vegetables
- favour light grains like barley and basmati rice
- avoid fried food
- reduce cold drinks and food, especially ice cold
- minimize dairy, refined carbohydrates and sugar
- switch from red meat to white meat (chicken, turkey) or go vegetarian/vegan
- reduce oily, heavy or salty nuts
- minimize fermented food like vinegar, pickles, cheese, alcohol
About the author:
Dr. Julia Laemmerhirt is a dermatologist and acne expert in Vienna, Austria. She supports people who want to holistically gain control of their skin complications and acne. Ayurveda – the traditional Indian practice of medicine – plays a decisive role for her because of its particular focus on one’s nutrition and lifestyle.
Free Online Class “Finally Free From Acne“
You can find out more about the next steps in which you free yourself naturally from acne in my Online Class “Finally Free From Acne!” Enter your name and e-mail address here to receive my e-book. Register now for my Online Class:
Please indicate your name and mail address and choose an appointment day. Thereupon I will send you more information.